Parks Snow Clearing
Parks Branch clears snow in the following priority:
- Primary sites: major facilities - arenas, pools, senior drop-in centres.
- River Valley Parks Paved Trails: during the winter when the snow has accumulation of more than 2.5cm or 1 inch of snow. Sweeping usually begins at 6:30am.
- In residential areas where there is no Transportation plow routes, Parks is responsible for removing the snow adjacent to inventory i.e. along the roadway or outside perimeter.
- Sidewalks within park areas that are there for specific park purposes are the responsibility of the Parks branch and are cleaned depending on the individual programs offered there. If no programs are being offered, these are typically not cleared.
- Sidewalks that are on Public Utility Lots (PUL) rights of way or immediately adjacent to Municipal Reserves (MR) i.e. Parkland are cleaned by the Transportation department if they are part of a connector to pedestrians out to major roadways and bus stops.
Parks Branch does not provide snow clearing for the following:
- Schools: Transportation is currently plowing the perimeter walks around the schools.
- Community Leagues: Are responsible for the sidewalks and the parking lots that fall within their lease areas.
For more information:
|Online||Contact 311 Online|
In Edmonton: 311
Outside Edmonton: 780-442-5311