ETS Launches Latest Online Trip Planner
December 08, 2011
Edmonton Transit System (ETS) has launched its revised online ETS Trip Planner making it easier for residents to plan their trip on Edmonton Transit.
New ETS Trip Planner features include:
- Integration and automation of planned detours and bus stop closure alerts
- Improved usability and layout of the Trip Planner interface
- A new Trip Planner engine for quicker results and better trip solutions
- A school service summary that is searchable by school session (summer vs regular school term)
Residents were invited to try out the beta (test) version of the upgraded Trip Planner during the months of October and November. ETS used feedback from the public in refining ETS Trip Planner features.
In addition to the above features tested during the beta trial period, ETS has also added the following new tools:
- Subscribe for Alerts – subscribe to receive emails for planned detours and bus stop closures by route and/or bus stop and general service alerts (e.g. service changes, major delays/disruptions)
- yegtransitAlert Twitter – feed of all planned detours and bus stop closures
- Improved takeETS.com widget for convenient trip planning
Dedicated to continuously improving its online tools, ETS is slated to release a mobile website for the ETS Trip Planner and Bus Stop Schedule in 2012. As well, organizations will be able to embed the ETS Trip Planner onto their website, blog or company intranet to help their employees and clients get around on transit.
The Trip Planner was developed jointly by ETS and the City's Information Technology Branch. Users are encouraged to continue to send in their comments on the new tools via the report a bug link.