Weigh in on Future of Kinsmen Sports Centre
May 30, 2011
The City of Edmonton has listened to Edmontonians’ suggestions on the future of Kinsmen Sports Centre and is sharing feedback on ways to rejuvenate one of the city’s premiere sports facilities.
The City is looking for more input on newly created design concepts for the facility that plan to enhance Kinsmen Sports Centre.
Canon Design has developed a series of preliminary concepts, based on previous public feedback, that would add new features to the facility in order to create a modern recreation centre that serves Edmonton into the future.
Edmontonians are invited to view the design concepts in depth and provide feedback through an online survey at www.edmonton.ca/kinsmensurvey or at a public open house at:
Kinsmen Sports Centre Open House
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Kinsmen Field House
9100 Walterdale Hill
4pm – 8:30pm
Presentations on the Displays, Preliminary Concepts will take place at 5:30 & 7:30pm
Based on information received through a public survey and open house held in February, Canon Design has made these and other enhancement suggestions:
- enlarge the fitness centre
- add 4 new squash courts
- add additional multi-purpose rooms
- provide a new children’s area
- add a hot tub to the pool deck
- add a sauna or steam room on deck
- provide a training centre for high performance athletes
- renovate the warm-up and competition pools
- add new meeting space and gathering areas
- provide additional parking; and
- build an entrance and information desk at ground level for improved accessibility
Once feedback is compiled on the suggested enhancements, a formal recommendation will be presented to Edmonton City Council in the fall.
For more information on Edmonton’s Kinsmen Sports Centre Master Plan and to fill out the survey online please visit www.edmonton.ca/kinsmensurvey. The survey will be available from May 31st till 4pm June 7th.
More information can also be found on the City of Edmonton’s blog, Transforming Edmonton, at http://www.transformingedmonton.ca/